If you have a physical location for your business, a map is often a great addition to your website. It helps your customers find their way there, especially new ones. And who wouldn’t want new customers?
As it turns out, there is a better way to create a map on your website than to use a static image. It is amazingly easy to embed the Google Map location on your website – and there are distinct benefits.
Firstly, Google Maps is already something many people are familiar with and so that would be a quick UX win. Furthermore, an embedded Google Map also comes with a lot of extra functionality you would not otherwise get access to, like the ability to zoom in/out, or to launch the map in a full page Google Map link or get directions. Again, all this makes it much easier for customers to find you.
So how do you embed a map using the Website Builder? Easy, just follow these steps:
- Go to Google Maps
- Search for your location
- Click on Share / Embed
- Select your desired map size and copy the embed link
- Go to your One.com Website Builder
- Click and drag the ‘Code’ component where you want the map
- Paste the code in the code window
- Resize as needed
- Publish, and voila! Your map is ready for your customers to use