We all want more traffic to our websites. That’s why we created one in the first place, right? Advertising, PR and social media go a long way, but organic search is unique that it brings people who are already interested in what you have to offer.
So how do you get your ‘site on Google’? The first thing you need to do is to get indexed, meaning Google is aware that your site exists and is able to find and display it when someone queries a relevant term. It is only then that you can start to optimize to be ranked well.
With every new website, it may take anything from hours to a number of days, but there are ways to speed up the process.
5 ways to get your website indexed faster
- Submit your URL to Google Webmaster Tools (you will need a Google Account for this)
- Create a Sitemap using XML Sitemaps Generator, and submit it as well
- Install Google Analytics on your site. Check out our earlier article on how to do this using Website Builder
- Update your social media profiles to reflect the new site
- Submit your new site to social bookmarking sites like StumbleUpon
The results and what next
Once your website is indexed, you should start to see traffic coming in from Google search! Now that you build out your ‘web influence’, you should repeat the process with other search engines such as Bing to bring your site to more people.
In our next post, we would be talking about strategies you can use to start to build out a strategy to improve your search rankings. Stay tuned!